The main purpose of a label is to communicate information about the product: when and where was it produced, who is the manufacturer, what is its nutritional content and value, does it have some ingredient that users might be allergic to, when will it expire?
Freezer labels are used to convey this information in specific conditions and for specific purposes:
- Cold storage and distribution
- Blast freezing / industrial kitchen
- Cryogenic lab environment, i.e. nitrogen exposure
- Outdoor elements, sub-zero
- (PRE) frozen food packaging
- Corrective labeling on frozen surfaces